Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any jobs that are too small for your team to handle?
At C.W. Fischer Electric, Inc., no job is too small. We have numerous one- and two-man service trucks that can handle very small jobs that may seem insignificant to others. Don’t hesitate to give us a call no matter how small the job is!
There’s not much that we don't do when it comes to the electrical industry. We can handle all types of electrical work. If you have a question as to whether or not we can handle a particular type of service, just call us we’ll let you know.
What makes C.W. Fischer Electric, Inc. different than other electrical contractors?
There are a number of things that we believe sets us apart from other electrical contractors and provides our customers with an advantage:
- We’ve been in business for over 55 years. We’ve been through the good times and bad and we’ve dealt with all kinds of electrical issues. Our team has learned how to avoid many problems before they even occur. You can’t put a price on experience; it’s something that comes with many years of running a successful business and building relationships with customers, contractors, and building departments.
- We are a family owned and operated business. The Fischer family started our company and continues to run it to this day. Unlike other companies, we don’t have a qualifier with a license pulling permits that has no idea about our business, employees, services, and customers. Charles Fischer, Jr. is our license holder and is involved with the business on a daily basis.
- Somebody always answers the phone during normal business hours. You will not get an automated phone system that takes minutes for you to navigate through in order to get to a live person.
- We are a drug-free workplace and all our employees are drug tested prior to their employment. We also do background checks on our employees as part of the government work that we do. All employees are fully covered by workers' compensation insurance.
- We carry a very high level of insurance to provide our customers with the peace of mind that if an accident were to occur, or mistake was made, they are fully covered.
- We take pride in every installation. We expect our employees to provide good service, care about their work, do a professional job, and maintain a high level of quality. Many of our customers are friends and associates that we’ve made over the years who recommend us to their friends and associates. The majority of our business comes from word-of-mouth referrals, and we intend on keeping it that way.
How far will you travel for an electrical job?
We’ve handled electrical jobs all over Florida, the Caribbean, and the Bahamas. We are always willing to go anywhere in these areas for larger size jobs. When it comes to smaller jobs and service work, our main area of concentration is the Tri-County area of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach.
If you are hired, how long will it take to complete the job?
This depends on a number of factors, including the scope of the work, how busy our team is at the time, if the job requires permits, if we will need to coordinate with other contractors and individuals, if special materials need to be ordered, and more. Prior to being awarded the job, we will give you an accurate idea of when we will be able to help you.
Do I need a permit?
Whether or not you need a permit depends on the scope of the project. Generally speaking, whenever you are adding on to the existing electrical installation, you need to pull a permit to do so. If it’s a minor repair to an existing installation, you generally do not need a permit.
What will the permit cost, if needed?
Every city is different when it comes to permit costs and the requirements to get a permit. Small jobs are usually priced at a basic fee set by the city. Larger jobs are usually priced on a per-device basis, or as a percentage of job cost. On larger jobs, permit costs are generally 2.5% - 3.5% of the total job cost for the permit.
Do you provide free estimates?
Our estimates are free, and are provided during normal working hours Monday through Friday. We will work with you on special times, if necessary, to accommodate your schedule.
Emergencies don't wait for office hours. You shouldn't have to either.
We back all of our services with a warranty for your peace of mind.
From large scale electrical projects to small EV charger installs, our skilled pros can tackle all of your electrical needs, no matter the size or complexity of your project.